TruConversion Privacy Options helps you configure what data you want to collect from your website visitors. Using this option, you can ensure visitor privacy by defining how and what level of data you would like to track from your website users.
TruConversion allows you to configure the following Privacy Options for your website visitors:
To access TruConversion Privacy Options, click the Settings icon from Dashboard and select Privacy Options.
Under Privacy Options, following settings are available:
By default TruConversion store/show complete IP address of your website visitor. However from IP addresses drop down you can selected any option for your visitor.
- Following are Details:
- Keep as is (e.g 188.8.131.52): By default this option is selected. TruConversion will store/show complete IP.
- Last octet removed (e.g 203.223.174.X): TruConversion will store/show the last octet as ‘X’ in IP.
- Last two octets removed (e.g 203.223.X.X): TruConversion will store/show the last two octets as ‘X’ in IP.
- Last three octets removed (e.g 203.X.X.X): TruConversion will store/show the last three octets as ‘X’ in IP.
- Do not store IP address at all (e.g X.X.X.X): TruConversion will store/show the all octets as ‘X’ in IP.
By default TruConversion store/show complete country, Region and city of your website visitor. From drop down you can selecte any option for TruConversion to store your visitor geolocation.
- Following are Details:
- Country, Region & City: By default this option is selected. TruConversion will store/show complete IP.
- Country & Region: TruConversion will store/show the country & Region of the visitor.
- Only Country: TruConversion will store/show the country of the visitor.
- Do not store location information: TruConversion will not store/show anything about visitor’s geolocation.
By default, TruConversion records/show all keystroke data on input. By enabling this ‘Data Obfuscation’ settings TruConversion will replace random character instead of actual keystroke input on all text-area fields. On recording replay obfuscated text will be shown. However for EU data subjects / visitors, regardless of this setting, all input data will be obfuscated
Don’t forget to Click on Apply.
- Applying these setting will affect filtration in tool’s reporting based on IP and location.
- The hidden fields will replace with N/A (Not Applicable) in display according to the selected option.
- This is domain base settings so By clicking at “Copy this settings on other domains”, same setting will be applied on others domains.
- Later you can change these setting from by selecting individual domains from top.