Creating a Smart funnel
Creating a smart funnel is easy. The steps below explain how:
- New Smart Funnel: Click on + New Funnel from Smart funnel dashboard. This will load the creating a funnel page.
- Name: Enter the smart funnel name.
- Define Funnel Steps: Enter funnel step by clicking ‘Plus’ icon and choose your step category. At least two steps are required to create a funnel.
- Define Step: By clicking on any step, a configuration screen will appear where you can add, edit step details in your funnel. Now you can add multiple Page URLs in one step.
- Choose Page Step: You can select step type.
- Step Name: This name will appear at reporting.
- Enter Page URL: Enter Multiple page URLs with different URL patterns.
- Choose Page Goals: Goals are important and you need to choose goals for each step to get conversion. Remember to choose Page goals after completing ‘Page URL Section’ because page goals are dependent on the pages you enter in Enter Page URL.
- Track Page Visits: (This goal type is available from second step) All the visitor who have arrived at this page will marked as converted.
- Track Clicks on Links: Add multiple url where the links are pointing to. All the mentioned links will be counted as goal conversion. Do remember to have those page urls under click to link page goal should be in your next step page url.
- Track Clicks on Elements: This has two option:
- 1- By clicking this button, the page of above mentioned URL will open for selecting any element. This option is available with Simple & Exact match pattern type.
- 2 -Add multiple selector with a comma in the input field. when a visitor will click on that element this will be marked as a goal conversion. If you are using CSS class as selector please use “.” before the name like “.myGoalElement“. Learn more about CSS Selector
- Recommended Goal Conversion Rate: Each Page Goal has industry recommended goal conversion rate other then ‘Track Page Visit’. This conversion rate is derived from the industries standards. Choose your own conversion rate or keep the industry recommended because the smart funnel will report step conversion rate in comparison with the selected rate.
- Click on “SAVE” button After entering above information, user must click on “SAVE” before clicking on next step. Otherwise the given information will be lost.
Remember: After entering information into step must click “SAVE” before going to next step. Otherwise information will be lost. Because the next step takes the information from previous step. For example: In First Step> User choose “Track Click on Link” with URL and save the step, then next step URL is auto populated with the previous step goal URL.
- Choose Primary Conversion Rate: This conversion rate will appear on campaign dashboard. User can edit/change this settings any time from edit campaign from dashboard. User can choose Funnel conversion rate or any step conversion rate from the drop down. If user change this settings, the change will take time almost 5 min to appear on dashboard.
- Select Activation Status: Checking the schedule will help you set future time/date for your funnel.
- Click on Save Funnel.