Creating a Heatmap
Creating a heatmap is easy. The steps below explain how:
- Click on + New Heatmap on your heatmap dashboard. This will load the creating a heatmap page
- Enter the heatmap name and select pageviews size the heatmap should record.
- Enter URL you want to collect data from. If you wish to gather data from multiple pages, simply select the Starts with, Ends with, Contains or Regular expression match type.
You can then optionally enter a Screenshot Page URL that will determine which page the screenshot will be taken of.
- Page Behind Session
The pageviews size determines for how many sessions TruConversion will track your page before it considers the report as complete.
You can use TruConversion heatmap on page/URL which are session based or behind the login.
Enable this checkbox If the entered page URL is the session based or behind the login. Follow these instruction to view heatmap report:
- Please login members area in new tab of same browser before opening the heatmap report.
- Alternatively, click [Navigate] (report page middle-bottom) when you see login page, provide credentials. After login, click [Navigate] again to see the heatmap.
If you have Installed GA (Google Analytics) code at your site (manually not using Google Tag Manager) by clicking this checkbox TruConversion will Send scroll reach (percentage) as an event to Google Analytics.
Remember: You need to add Google Analytics code manually at your site instead using GTM (Google Tag Manager).
- If you change anything in webpage you must create new heatmap. But before changing the page you must download its heatmap reports before updating the page.
- Our heatmap reports works on live site mean its overlay its data point on live site elements using Xpaths. When you change the base element the data point will remain there because they are appearing as overlay using xpath.